First of all, I must admit that until Aparna (midnighthues.wordpress.com) nudged me, I didn’t know what to do about this award. Second, I apologize to Ninali (ninalisnap52.wordpress.com) for my inaction when she nominated me in April; she must be wondering about my ‘rudeness’. Finally, I would like to thank both Aparna and Ninali for being so kind to select my blog for this honor.
I follow a large number of great bloggers and it is extremely difficult to pick only 10 bloggers. This listing does not represent order of liking:
- Postcards from Colorado (http://postcardsfromcolorado.wordpress.com): Beautiful, well balanced pictures.
- ShutterbugSage (http://ayearofpics.wordpress.com): A lovely family blog.
- Designchickee (http://designchickee.wordpress.com): Great curation of style, architecture, interior decoration and ‘stuff’.
- Manipal’s Photoblog (http://manipalphotoblog.wordpress.com): How can you resist his smiling Gravatar?
- The Little Leaf (http://thelittleleaf.net): Beautiful drawings and paintings.
- Photobypawelp (http://photobypawelp.wordpress.com): Nice crisp pictures of diverse subjects.
- Nonoy Manga (http://nonoymanga.wordpress.com): The only comic artist I know of and brimming with energy.
- Brian Gaynor Photography (http://briangaynorphotography.com): A nice sense of color and composition.
- Robert Santafede (http://robertsantafede.com): Robert can push regular photography into surrealism.
- Commercial Malfunctionality (http://reemasidz.wordpress.com): Probably the youngest, energetic and craziest blogger on my list.
Now the most difficult part- 10 completely random pieces of information about myself. I had tough time making this list:
- I am a scientist and I am excellent at what I do. (Don’t worry, it is a professional hazard, all scientists think that way !)
- My brain is a junkyard of useless bits of information.
- I like to read 4 or 5 books at a time. Most don’t make to the end cuz I think they should have been essays or stories, not books.
- I have driven in 28 US states and 5 Canadian provinces. By itself, this fact elicits the response, “are you a truck driver?”
- I can pick a 4-leaf clover without searching for it (it’s all about a break in the pattern) :).
- The greatest depravity on earth- a man of no words!
- My favorite places: Canadian Rockies.
- My favorite story: The Little Match Girl (Hans Christian Andersen).
- My favorite sport: Cricket.
- Although I use all my fingers for typing, I don’t have a ‘home row’.
Here are the rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. In a post on your blog, nominate 10 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award; and link to them.2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.4. In the same post, share 10 completely random pieces of information about yourself. 5. In the same post, include this set of rules.6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.